Five men have been charged following the death of another man in Stevenage.
Bereket Selomun, 20, was discovered dead with multiple stab wounds off Brittain Way, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, on the morning of 7 July.
The five men charged with murder are:
- Jelani Omer, aged 23, of Plash Drive, Stevenage.
- Robel Msgane, aged 23, of no fixed abode.
- Malake Fiseha, aged 23, of Manor View, Stevenage.
- Temesgen Gebremedhin, aged 20, of Bedwell Crescent, Stevenage.
- Natnael Hadgu, aged 18, of Ripon Road, Stevenage.
They were refused bail and are to appear before St Albans Magistrates Court today (16 July), for an application to remand in custody.
A further man was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender and has been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
Detective Inspector Iain MacPherson, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire (BCH) Major Crime Unit, said: “Our thoughts remain with Bereket’s family at this extremely difficult time.
“Our enquiries have continued at pace and following arrests made earlier this week charges have now been secured. However, we are still appealing for any witnesses who haven’t yet spoken to police to please come forward.