Breaking News

Screenshot 20200701 190204 Chrome

Wembley Double Murder Arrest made

Detectives investigating the murders of Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman in Wembley have arrested a man overnight.

The 18-year-old was arrested at an address in south London on suspicion of both murders. He was taken into custody where he remains.

Detective Chief Inspector Simon Harding, who is leading the investigation at Specialist Crime, said: “This investigation into the awful death of two sisters is of course a priority for the MPS and my officers have been working around the clock to identify the person responsible.

“Given the significance of this development, we visited the family in person today to inform them of the arrest. Our thoughts remain with them at this very difficult time.

“A team of forensic officers have been a constant presence at the park over the last few weeks carrying out meticulous fingertip searches at what is a vast and complex crime scene. Whilst that work has now concluded, smaller searches in outer areas of the park will continue. To date officers have recovered more than 1,000 exhibits – including property belonging to both Nicole and Bibaa, collected hours of CCTV and visited hundreds of homes and businesses. And those enquiries remain ongoing.

“I would continue to appeal to the public to come forward with any information they feel may be relevant to our investigation.”

Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman were stabbed to death in the early hours of Saturday, 6 June at Fryent Park, off Slough Lane, where they had spent the evening celebrating Bibaa’s 46th birthday.

Police were called to the park at 13:08hrs on Sunday, 7 June to a report of two women found unresponsive.

Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended the scene and they were pronounced dead at the scene.

They were sisters, Nicole Smallman, 27, and Bibaa Henry, 46, who lived in Harrow and Brent respectively.

A post-mortem examination conducted on Tuesday, 9 June gave the cause of death for both women as stab wounds.

Nicole and Bibaa were in a group of people who congregated in the park from around 19:40hrs on Friday, 5 June to celebrate Bibaa’s birthday.

Gradually people are believed to have left throughout the evening; by around 00:30hrs only Nicole and Bibaa remained. The last contact they are believed to have had with family and friends was at 01:05hrs. They were in good spirits and taking selfie pictures, listening to music and dancing with fairy lights until at least 01:13hrs. Calls to the victims at around 02:30hrs went unanswered.

Both Nicole and Bibaa were reported as missing to police late on Saturday, 6 June when they did not return home; before they were discovered on Sunday.

Detectives from the Specialist Crime Command (Homicide) are investigating, with the assistance of officers from the North West Command Unit.

The teenager has been jailed for life

One thought on “Wembley Double Murder Arrest made

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: