11 ways to enjoy the Proms
If you can't make any of the Proms in person then here are 11 ways you can still drench yourself in all things Proms whilst remaining home (and substantially dry).
Selected Proms will be filmed and broadcast on BBC Two, BBC Four, BBC iPlayer and Red Button.
Every Prom is broadcast live on Radio 3 and is available online from bbc.co.uk
Re-live the Proms with over 100 video clips of works, performances and interviews to watch as well as full concerts on the BBC Proms website all available for 30 days after broadcast.
4. Download the Proms podcast
The Proms Unplucked Podcast is a twice weekly Proms podcast with an irreverent twist. It launches on Friday 15th July with behind-the-scenes insights, news, reviews and interviews from the Albert Hall presented by Vicki Stone.
- Features, quizzes and photos
- Preview the music on each Prom's concert page where you see the white play button next to a work title
- After the Prom you can click the white play button to listen to the performance of that work at the Proms (available next working day)
- Delve deeper with the 'Discover the Music' section on each Prom page to find programmes about the music in the concert
- Play Katie Derham's Playlist - her favourite Proms pieces, chosen by her
- Play our Proms Quiz
- Playlist it - use the plus button next to work titles on Proms pages to add your favourite music to create your own personalised Playlist of tracks
Looking for your favourite conductor? Use the composer and artist search boxes on the Proms homepage. Or maybe you'd like a bit more guidance then click on 'categories' at the top of every BBC Proms page and find events for families, first timers, and more.
8. Surround sound
With live performances in amazing surround sound, it’s like being there in person.
9. Get Social
10. Get the BBC Music app
Enjoy all of the Proms in the BBC Music app, get recommendations and content based on your preferences.
11. On the Red Button
Prom 52: São Paulo Jazz Symphony Orchestra, 24:00 on 24 August
Press the red button on your remote on any BBC TV channel.