At this time of year with the darker nights approaching it is important that we pay close attention to our home and vehicle security.
- Double lock front and back entry doors when leaving the house.
- Do not leave keys in lockable window/patio door mechanisms.
- Do use timer switches for your lights when you are away from your home.
- Do consider using external ‘motion sensitive’ lighting devices at the front and in particular the rear of your properties.
- Do draw Curtains and Blinds downstairs during the day to prevent people from viewing your home.
- Do make sure you set house alarms correctly.
- Do not leave keys/ copies of keys to home, garage and vehicles within easy reach of entry doors to your home.
- Do secure all your outbuildings.
- Do not leave items of value in your car and visible to a potential criminal.
- Do share this crime prevention advice with your neighbours, help them to protect themselves.
- Do report any suspicious activity by persons and/or their vehicles.
Police Community Support Officer
Further News and Links:
- About Hertfordshire constabulary
- Hertfordshire Police Commisioner welcomed REPORT from Her Majesty’s Inspector of Constabulary
- Herts Police Careers