The Grove is hosting the British Masters golf tournament on 12-16 October. To ensure the success of the event and minimise the impact on our roads, temporary road restrictions will be in place.
The Grove will host only its second European Tour event, having held a World Golf Championship tournament nine years ago, won by former world number one Tiger Woods.
Luke Donald, former World Number One, returns to The Grove for this prestigious event in his role as tournament Ambassador.
'I'm very delighted to say we are going to The Grove, which of course hosted a WGC back in 2006,' said Donald.
European Tour, Fairhurst (As Transport Consultants), Hertfordshire Highways, Highways England and Hertfordshire Constabulary have developed a Travel Management Strategy.
Temporary road closures (TRC)
- The four arm traffic light junction of Langleybury Lane and Watford Road (A41) will be temporarily changed into a three arm junction. Bridge Road will be closed between Watford Road (A41) and Old Mill Lane. The closures on this road will be between 7am and 7pm from Wednesday 12 to Sunday 16 October.
- Grove Mill Lane between the junction with Hempstead Road (A411) and Fir Tree Hill will be closed. Access to residential properties off Hempstead Road will be retained during the period that the TRC is in force.
No stopping or parking (Temporary Clearway Orders)
- Watford Road (A41) between M25 junction 20 and Hunton Bridge interchange.
- Hempstead Road (A411) between Hunton Bridge interchange and Ridge Lane.
- North Western Avenue (A41) between Hunton Bridge interchange and Kingsway (A405).
- Aerodrome Way between South Way and North Western Avenue (A41) junction.
- Langleybury Lane between Watford Road (A41) and Fir Tree Hill junctions.
- Fir Tree Hill, in both directions, from junction with Langleybury Lane for a distance of 250m.
- Courtlands Drive between Hempstead Road (A411) and Gammons Lane.
- The Ridgeway, in both directions, from the junction at Courtlands Drive.
- All of Beechpark Estate (Beechpark way, Glen Way, Roughwood Close, Stanbury Avenue).
- Access road from Courtlands Drive to Russell Lane.
Temporary Mandatory Speed Limits
- 40mph on Watford Road (A41).
- 30mph on Langleybury Lane between Watford Road (A41) and Fir Tree Hill Junctions.
- 30mph on Fir Tree Hill, for a distance of 250m from the junction with Langleybury Lane, in both directions.
- 30mph on A411 Hempstead Road from Hunton Bridge Interchange to the entrance to The Grove.
If you have any queries on the traffic arrangements, use the contact details below.
Championship Office: 02037 773833 (event week only, 10-17 October)
Email: email@example.com (pre-event)
Thanks for stopping by. We welcome your comments.